Sunday, September 23, 2012

Squiggle Writing

During the week, our writing consists of Writing Workshop. We focus on a skill for that particular day, I model how to incorporate it into their writing, and then they have some time to practice in their own journals. We save Friday for a "catch-up" day in case we fall behind. We were on track this week so I thought we'd try something different! I gave each child a squiggle on a piece of paper.


I modeled how to take that squiggle and turn into something. We talked about how you have to be creative and add in lots of details. Usually I stress WRITE first, and then illustrate. For this activity, they were able to draw/illustrate first. It took awhile for some of those ideas to start flowing... but once each child had one, they were on a roll!





These are the few that had the chance to share to the class. We didn't have a chance for everyone to share, but EVERYONE did such an amazing job!! I was completely blown away by how creative they were! And many were able to create a story about their pictures...








No comments:

Post a Comment